Ryan loves Chinese food, but living with a some-what health freak like myself, calling in an order of Chinese food is extremely rare in our house hold. I mean, why do you want to consume all that sodium? I just don’t understand. So, rather than paying for over-priced sodium filled noodles and chicken that might be cat; I have cooked up an orange chicken recipe that according to Ryan is “delicious”.
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbs cornstartch
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup orange marmalde
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, marmalde, and brown sugar – set aside.
- In a zip-lock bag add cornstarch and chicken – shake to coat.
- Pour olive oil in a skillet and brown chicken.
- Put chicken in crackpot, cover with sauce, stir.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.